Behind the Scenes – Act 1

Lower School Drama

READY for another year of DRAMA at Quest(2020-2021) at QUEST?!

September8

wall burst

Are you READY to participate?  

Being “READY” is one of our 4 “R” Guidelines in Drama Class. 

Ready to …  PARTICIPATE in all the drama exericses that help us to thinkimagine, reveal and clarify our ideas with others.  

Our first two classes, we’ve been focusing on RISK-TAKING – another “R” guideline in drama.  As one of my acting teachers once told me… “There are good actors and there are better actors.  

Better actors take RISK.  What does risk look like in drama?  A willingess to REVEAL true emotion, to stretch oneself physically, to share one’s ideas and his/her authentic self.  Once this takes hold in each student, a confidence grows and a contagious energy is present!

As the Lower School Drama Teacher for students in PreSchool-4th grade, I love teaching young people, and I am passionate about teaching drama!  It is a privilege for me to teach at Quest with such a committed and creative staff AND with some of the best kids on the planet!

This Blog will be dedicated to 2nd-4th grades.  Here, I will share pictures and give an overview about what we are doing in class.  I am excited about the new year and all the ways the students and I will learn and grow together.

I hope to see you on Curriculum Night. 

This will be a virtual event on Thursday, September 10.  A ZOOM link will be made available.

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar