Behind the Scenes – Act 1

Lower School Drama

Get Ready… We’re diving into another year (2019-2020) in drama!

August27

Get ready!We’re diving into another year in                                    

Image result for Quotes about everybody must be seen

When students enter the drama room the expectation is that they will PARTICIPATE in all that we DO, DO, DO – as we discover, create, imagine, reveal and engage with others.  

My hope is that each student will be eager to learn, and I will be able to create an environment that students will want to.  Curiosity is a strong desire to learn or know something… Curiosity is awakened by unexpected information or experience that reveals gaps in one’s knowledge.  Let’s be CURIOUS together!

As the Lower School Drama Teacher for students in PreSchool-4th grade, I love teaching young people, and I am passionate about teaching drama!  My goal is to raise each child’s creative and expressive potential so that he or she engages in the art of theatre.  This is my seventh year teaching drama at Quest, and it is a privilege to teach alongside such a committed and creative staff with some of the best kids on the planet!

Students have drama once a week for 45min/half an hour – depending upon the grade level.   Lower School drama focuses on developing a basic understanding of the foundational skills in drama.  Our focus is not just on the performance, but on the process it takes to get there.  Kindergarten through 2nd grade will present a Drama and Music presentation together in March, and 3rd-4th grades will present one in May.  (See specific dates below)  This presentation partners with our Lower School Music Teacher, Mrs. Annabel Hasty.  More details will come later in the school year.

Here, I will write about the happenings as they change and flow in Lower School Drama.  Typically I rotate blog entries between Pre-School through 1st grade and then, grades 2nd-4th.

I am excited about the new year and all the ways the students and I will learn and grow together.  I had a great summer with my family.  Together we directed/performed three shows with a cast of talented students 16-21 years of age with the Schaumburg Street Theatre.  Picture below:  Me with the cast of Millie Monka and the Salmon Cannery.

Beautiful double rainbow after a performance this summer

With my siblings at my childhood home in Michigan.

Mrs. Armentrout (far right) hanging at school in 1981 with friends – she saw them this summer.

Mark Your Calendars… 

Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade Musical:  Wednesday, March 11, 2019 –  8:45am                     3rd and 4th Drama and Music Presentation:  Wednesday, May 6, 2019 – 6:30pm      

See you at Lower School Meet the Teacher Night                                          this Thursday, August 29th – 6:30-8pm    

The best way to reach me is to email me at deanna.armentrout@questacademy.org

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar